Journalist – Remote Role
Role title Journalist
Role Type Part-time starting immediately. 20-30hrs/week
Location This is a remote role.
Graziher magazine launched in November 2015 as part of a new rural and regional women’s media company. We are an independent digital, print and soon to be audio publishing company looking for a journalist to join our small team.
This is a new and exciting opportunity for a journalist to cover general interest journalism relating to rural and regional Australia.
You will be required to work collaboratively with a small team and the Graziher editor to deliver relevant stories – both for digital/print and audio/podcast.
A typical week might have you interviewing someone for our podcast; contributing to our quarterly print publication; publishing several articles across our digital platforms.
You will also be called on to work closely with our commercial team on curation for our content agency for our clients.
Initially this is for a part-time contract over 12 months – but has the potential to become more permanent.
This position will suit someone with good knowledge of the Australian media landscape as well as the Australia agriculture and agribusiness spheres; an interest in telling the stories of rural and regional Australians.
You will have had experience in working with print and digital media. Our new team member will be someone who loves to turn their hand to all sorts of stories, from creating general interest journalism for our print and digital platforms, to recording interviews for our new podcast and creating stories for our newsletter.
- Proven working experience as a journalist for at least 3+ years who has sound working knowledge of media
- A genuine interest in rural, regional Australia.
- Experience interviewing and maintaining key industry contacts and exceptional interviewing skills.
- Keen eye for detail and ability to adhere to the style guide and editorial guidelines.
- Ability to follow strict deadlines and fast check information
- Understanding of the editorial integrity of Graziher and understanding of the Graziher brand
- A fundamental understanding of what makes independent journalism.
- Most importantly – you will have a love of journalism and for the stories you are working on.
Would be good to have:
- Computer proficiency (Google Suite; digital editing; database)
- Understand how to use Instagram and Facebook
- Competent with WordPress, Mailchimp
- Researching and reporting on general interest journalism relating to our audience
- Conducting interviews for our podcast
- Gauging and retaining awareness of the readers (our communities) point of view
- Manage content on social media
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
- Cover letter
- Samples of past writing