Role title: Editorial Manager
Role Type: Full Time
Location: This is a remote role.
Salary: Based on experience.
Graziher magazine launched in November 2015 as part of a new rural and regional women’s media company. We are an independent digital, print and audio publishing company looking for a new Editorial Manager to join our small team.
In this role, you will be required to manage our small team, as well as shape direction for our content which includes our print magazine, digital content across our website, a weekly podcast, weekly newsletter and social media platforms, all which have highly engaged audiences.
To be successful you will be highly organised, very motivated, able to make quick thinking and logic decisions, as well as love deadlines. You will also have solid editorial experience and team management skills. You will understand how to create engaging content across our multiple platforms and also be savvy to change direction as needed.
You will be managing multiple projects as well as an extensive team of freelancers and creatives.
Because you'll be dealing with a variety of stakeholders across several sectors, you'll need excellent interpersonal skills and will be able to work with minimal supervision.
The role will require experience in a similar position, issue planning and implementation, writing and editing, proofing and subbing, editorial management, production management, client management, and exemplary communication and organisational skills. Marketing, advertising sales or social media skills a bonus.
Knowledge of the rural and agricultural sectors is essential.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Manage a small team.
- Managing the direction of the content
- Coordinate the production and direction of a quarterly print magazine
- Coordinate the execution of content across multiple platforms
- Work closely with the sales team on partnerships and projects to develop business relationships and initiatives
- Represent the publication internally as well as at events
What you’ll need:
- A degree or other relevant qualification in journalism, media or publishing.
- Experience of editing a title and evidence of previous written work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of writing for digital platforms.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage a wide variety of tasks.
- Ability to work among a team as well as independently.
- Knowledge of InDesign publishing software would be advantageous but is not essential.
This role provides the successful applicant with:
- An attractive salary package
- The opportunity to join a strong media team
- Long term career growth within the organisation
- Opportunity to hold the lead role on an already successful publication
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
- Cover letter
- Any items relevant to a portfolio of content